Social Sciences, is defined as information produced by human-based bonding process and to prove the authenticity of this information obtained at the end.
In Kültür2000 College Science and Anatolian High School, History, Geography, Philosophy, Religion and Ethics are taught within Social Sciences Department.
In accordance with Atatürk's principles and reforms, our department’s aims are to educate students as individuals who are capable of perceiving the society and the world holistically in which they live and proposing solutions to the problems they face. We carefully educate our students within the consciousness of multiculturalism, world citizenship, environment, universal human rights, freedom and democracy.
Additionally, our students;
1. In daily life, will have the ability to use the terminology for their self-expression
2. Perceive the day by interpreting the history and make connections between future expectations.
3. Understand the role of space and develop the ability to use their space efficiently.
4. From all perspectives across the country and the world, they will be sensitive to all kinds of problems, and open to universal and democratic values.
5. Approach with tolerance to the lives and the beliefs of others.
6. By understanding the place of Turkey in the 21st century among the nations of the world and the importance of the national and international base, make historical, cultural, social and economic evaluations.
7. Be aware of the importance of Atatürk's principles and reforms, secular, democratic and modern values.
This lesson includes the history, politics, social and cultural knowledge of the World and Turkey. The main objective of our lesson is to educate students who know their history, not to make the same mistakes again in the future. They can also comment on topics without memorizing things.
Students will gain geographical awareness of their own country and the entire world, learn and get new information that they can use in future and while doing all these things they also reach the level to efficiently make research and use different presentation techniques.
GENERAL LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Students tend to be willing to live on democratic, national and modern values by understanding Atatürk principles and reforms and its place in the Republic of Turkey's political, social, cultural and economic development.
- They gain a sense of history and a perception of past, present and future.
- By understanding Turkish history and Turkish culture since they constitute the basic elements and take responsibility for the cultural heritage protection and development.
- They understand the importance of establishing a national identity, its elements and protection of it.
- Establishing a link between past and present, they understand the importance of national unity.
- They get more information about the established civilizations throughout the history and become knowledgeable about the nations.
- They understand the importance of the Turkish nation and its place in the development of the world culture and its service to the humanity.
- Students satisfy their curiosity about the culture which surrounds them.
- By gaining an awareness of history which they perceive it not only as political, economic, social and cultural areas of life, they realize that people themselves cover the subject of history.
1. They gain skills about Human - Nature relationship in the context of geographical inquiry.
2. They associate basic principles about the universe with life.
3. Starting from their own environment, they develop skills of protecting the values that belong to the world and their country.
4. They will also gain intellectual and social skills including certain methods and techniques; geographical inquiry, map literacy, using information technologies, field work, and observation and communication skills.
All grade 11 students take philosophy courses and learn to think, understand and comment properly. In this way, students know where to use the proper knowledge and decrease their chance of making mistakes to the least by using their minds.
Religion and Ethics
Religion and Ethics courses are taught based on Atatürk's secularity principal and persons' freedom of thought and faith. The main objective of the course is to teach the place and importance of religion in human life.
Apart from religion knowledge, students also learn about moral values. They learn to be open minded and respect to other beliefs. They learn not only about Islam but also other religions. Only the general curriculum are made use of during the religion and ethics courses.
Methods, Evaluation and Revision
Student-centered educational technologies accompanied by lecture, question-answer, discussion, active learning methods and testing techniques are applied and students’ academic success and behaviors are supported.
In the evaluation process;
Weekday and weekend assignments are prepared.
Worksheets are prepared.
Students do tests and mock exams.
In-class activities and performance tasks are prepared.
Trips are organized.
Written exams, term papers and projects are prepared and applied.